Venue: Heads Training Centre, Hadrian School, Newcastle
Date: TBC (9.30am – 3.30pm)
Cost: £125.00 per delegate (includes lunch and refreshments)
Tutor: Peter Imray, Independent SEN Consultant
Some suggest that ADHD may affect up to 5% of the school population, yet it is a much misunderstood condition that often attracts negative and unhelpful responses. This course seeks to address the balance and offer real and lasting solutions that will benefit pupils, staff and families.
- What is ADHD
- How it may present itself in the class
- The likely learning and behavioural consequences of having ADHD
- The medication issue
- The effects on other children in the class and in the home.
- Taking a positive slant
- Practical strategies for dealing with ADHD
- Case studies and potential solutions to problems presented by children who are
- known to the course participants