Behaviour Support Training for Parents
Hadrian School are facilitating a half day Behaviour Support Training Course for parents/carers on the 7th October 2019 (9.30am – 12.30pm at Hadrian School).
This full day course highlights the factors underlying inappropriate behaviour and suggests strategies to promote positive behaviour in youngsters with a range of additional needs. With the changing agenda of more children with additional needs being in a mainstream setting, this course is ideal for any new staff or existing staff who require additional support.
The aims of the course are:
- to raise awareness of the causes and underlying factors leading to inappropriate behaviour
- to examine our view point on behaviour and become aware of the effect our behaviour has on youngsters with SEN.
- to examine the communication element in behaviour support
- to look at what works and what can help keep things going well
- to look at trouble shooting and how to cope with inappropriate behaviour
- to look at support mechanisms and ways forward
- The focus will be on positive and proactive strategies
- The importance of using person centred approaches will be highlighted too.