Behaviour Support Training
Venue: Heads Training Centre, Hadrian School, Newcastle upon Tyne
Date: Date TBC for 2020 (9.30am – 12.30pm)
Cost: £60.00 per delegate
Tutor: Chris Rollings – Heads Teacher at Hadrian School
This half day course highlights the factors underlying inappropriate behaviour and suggests strategies to promote positive behaviour in youngsters with a range of additional needs. With the changing agenda of more children with additional needs being in a mainstream setting, this course is ideal for any new staff or existing staff who require additional support.
This course is aimed at Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Parents, Care Workers, Early Years Practitioners, Speech and Language Therapists.
The aims of the course are:
- to raise awareness of the causes and underlying factors leading to inappropriate behaviour
- to examine our view point on behaviour and become aware of the effect our behaviour has on youngsters with SEN.
- to examine the communication element in behaviour support
- to look at what works and what can help keep things going well
- to look at trouble shooting and how to cope with inappropriate behaviour
- to look at support mechanisms and ways forward
- The focus will be on positive and proactive strategies
- The importance of using person centred approaches will be highlighted too.