Physical activity for young people who have profound and multiple disabilities
Venue: Heads Training Centre, Hadrian School, Newcastle upon Tyne
Date: date TBC FOR 2020 – (9.30am – 3.30pm)
Cost: £99.00 per delegate (includes lunch and refreshments plus resources)
Tutor: Anne Cradock, Independent SEN Consultant
The Elements course has been specifically developed to meet the needs of young people with profound multiple disabilities, and is delivered by a very experienced and skilled practitioner, Anne Cradock.
The course is based around facilitated workshops designed to provide practical ideas and strategies around physical activities.
There will be practical water based activities in the afternoon so you will require a swimming costume.
The course will cover themes around:
- Earth – games-based activities
- Water – water-based activities
- Air – outdoor adventure activities
- Fire – dance and movement activities
The course also covers information on:
- manual handling
- risk assessments
- considerations when organising activities for young disabled people with profound multiple impairments.
This course can be facilitated at your venue as long as you have 8 ore more staff.