Venue: Heads Training Centre, Hadrian School, Newcastle upon Tyne
Date: DATE TBC – 9.30am – 3.30pm (lunch included)
Cost: £225.00 per delegate – additional delegates at £150.00 each
Tutors: Peter Imray
Hadrian School in partnership with HEADS Training are running an excellent 2 day training course in November 2019 . Peter Imray will be facilitating the 2 day training course (9.30am – 3.30pm) discussing children who are working significantly and over time, below age related expectations.
This is an excellent opportunity for Teachers and Support Staff in mainstream settings who are supporting children with additional needs. This course will help to support mainstream settings on the agenda of inclusion.
- Defining Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Discussing the issue of the autistic spectrum condition (ASC) and its relationship to learning difficulties
- Exploring the learning characteristics of pupils with SLD (whether or not learners have an additional ASC) particularly concentrating on difficulties with abstract concepts and working memory
- Defining Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). Noting the barriers to academic ‘progression’
- Analysing how the requirements of the National Curriculum, however differentiated this may be, creates tensions for those with SLD because of their severe learning difficulties
- The Rochford Review (2016) and the new Ofsted Framework. Looking at what Ofsted and the DfE have to say regarding alternative curriculum models
- Noting both the legal and optimal assessment requirements for all learners working significantly below age related expectations
- Exploring the introduction of a multi-tiered model that looks to cater for all learners who are consistently and over time working within the P levels and into the early reaches of the National Curriculum. Recognising that such learners can and do flourish and how we might facilitate such flourishing
- Exploring in some detail, Equals’ new Pre-Formal (PMLD) and Semi-Formal (SLD/MLD) Curriculums, and their relationship with a proposed new Formal Curriculum model
The day will be a mix of power point presentation, video examples and both whole and small group discussions.
If you would like to book a place on the training course please contact Hadrian School on 0191 273 4440 or email email@example.com