HEADS Summer Conference 21st May 2021
Venue: Crowne Plaza Hotel – Newcastle
Speaker: Dr Margot Sunderland
Unfortunately due to COVID 19 HEADS cancelled its May 2020 Conference. A new re-scheduled date has been agreed for the 21st May 2021.
HEADS are facilitating a full day Summer Conference in partnership with Dr Margot Sunderland on the 21st May 2021 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The focus of the Conference will be:
Working Effectively with Traumatised Children/Trauma Informed Care/Trauma Informed Schools
- These interventions will help you reach out to the most defended children and young people, helping them thrive
- Effects of trauma on life and learning: Interventions that work
- Helping troubled children thrive, What cutting-edge brain science and psychological research can tell us
- The traumatised child, Healing brain, mind and body. Key emotional and physiological regulation interventions
- Relational stress and relational poverty, The long term impact on the child’s mind and brain and interventions that work
- Trauma informed’ schools/organisations, Why they are essential.
The cost of the course is £195.00 per delegate (Early Bird Discount @ £135.00 per delegate up until Jan 31st 2021)
The conference will run from 9.15am until 3.30pm
Lunch and refreshments are included on the day.
If you would like to book a place on the course please email:
Tel: 0191 273 4440
All about Dr Sunderland
Dr Sunderland’s wealth of powerful images, film footage and case histories, along with highly accessible use of language, means delegates go away moved, inspired and informed.
Dr Sunderland lectures all over the world on the psychology and neuroscience of child and teenage mental health, offering a wealth of practical strategies and interventions, always underpinned by the latest research. She makes TV and radio appearances as a child and parenting expert. Overall, she is concerned to ensure that parents, teachers and mental health professionals alike, are offered the most up to date psychological and brain science research on how children and young people can be enabled to thrive. She is passionate about social change for a kinder, warmer world.
For further information please visit Dr Sunderland’s Website:
Course Venue – The Crowne Plaza – Newcastle upon Tyne
The training course is taking place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The hotel is located centrally, directly behind the main train station, so is ideal for transport links. The hotel is a fabulous venue with excellent facilities, including restaurants, bars, gym and spa.
Restaurants, bars, and shops are all 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
Discounted room prices are available to delegates attending the course, as well as discounted parking @ £6.00 per day.
Please visit the Crowne Plaza website for further information: