Venue: Hadrian School, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Cost: £250.00 per delegate
Tutor: June Ball, Senior Teacher at Hadrian School
The NVQ in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools covers a wide range of skills to meet the support needs of school pupils – in primary, secondary or special needs schools.
Achieving the NVQ demonstrates how well you work and your skills relating to pupil welfare, care, behaviour and learning. The course is accredited by City and Guilds.
An NVQ in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is for anyone currently working as a teaching assistant in any type of school.
The NVQ would also suit those who provide midday and cover supervision, pastoral, bilingual and subject support, or special educational needs and additional support.
The units covered will be:
- Contributing to positive relationship
- Helping to keep children safe
- Supporting children’s development
- Providing support for learning activities
- Providing effective support for your colleague
- Supporting a child with disabilities or special educational needs
- Supporting the use of information and communication technology for teaching and learning