Parents/Carer Training Courses
Due to COVID retractions there will be no courses taking place until Autumn 2021.
HEADS in partnership with Hadrian School are committed to supporting parents/carers not only from Hadrian School but from around the region.
HEADS are offering a portfolio of quality free training throughout the school year.
We appreciate that it can be difficult to attend training around childcare etc. all of our training courses run from 9.30am – 12.30pm to enable parents/carers to attend.
Please see a list of the current courses that parents/carers can access:
Mental Health Training
Complementary Therapies Training
If you would like any additional information or would like to book a place on the training please contact Hadrian School:
Tel: 0191 273 4440
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
New course-Sleep Training! – TBC
- Causes of sleep disturbance in children
- Methods for addressing these issues, including using natural therapies
- Ways to manage parent’s feelings about sleep problems
- Parents will be able to discuss issues together in a supportive environment, and learn from each other too.
There is no single ‘cure’ or approach that will guarantee their children will sleep through, however the approaches we discuss can be applied in a person centred way to hopefully bring some help to every family.
Wiki Training TBC
What is a Wiki?
Wikis are simple, accessible, secure and easy to build. They can be used to create multimedia person-centred plans that use pictures, words, video and sound to capture the voice, skills, aspirations and needs of the individual.
Wikis give ownership of the planning process to individuals and families, facilitating genuine collaboration between parents, teachers and professionals, with access given to view the wiki only from the person who has the log in, and only that person can add or edit its content.
Wikis offer a method for children with complex needs to explain some of those complexities in their own way, to record their needs and just do it once. It can hold lots of information that could help anyone working with your child understand themselves and their needs.
I have added a link to show one families experience and how this has worked so well for them.
TACPAC Training course for parents/carers which is free of charge and will cover:
- Heighten awareness of your own senses (we have many more than 5!)
- Teach you how to work effectively with touch
- Help you to build skills and confidence in multi-sensory integration (touch, sight, movement and sound)
- Synchronise your sense of touch with your sense of music
- Help you to understand sensory overload
- Help you to gain confidence in working with deep pressure
- Show you how to use resources appropriately